Thursday 21 May 2020

The Empire Strikes Back is 40 Today

My Star Wars relationship began with The Empire Strikes Back.



Whilst I am assured that I was taken to see Starwars at the tender age of 4, I don't really have any recollection of the actual trip to the movie.  However, I spent days watching and rewatching a VHS copy of the movie which had been taped from a Yorkshire Television broadcast one christmas, complete with The Two Ronnies advertising the Atari 2600.

The summer holiday highlight that year was going to the cinema in Filey to see the movie.  I had already been primed as a few days earlier I had begged for a copy of the comicbook novel.  I won't go into detail about what a mind blowing experience that was.  Later that year I got a couple of action figures (the only ones I ever owned).

Empire Strikes Back Marvel Comic Novel
Comic Paperback
Empire Strikes Back Han Solo Hoth
Han Solo Hoth

Empire Strikes Back IG-88
IG-88

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have the original comic book and action figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no. That book was pretty much read to death to be honest.

      Delete