Friday 15 May 2020

Mega City One - Citizens on Parade

Thanks to Lockdown, I am currently going through a phase of creativity.  Mostly this involves catching up on a lot of long overdue painting projects.  

One such project has been my Mega City One citizens.

These minis were painted in two batches the best part of 2 years apart and come from the always affordable Ground Zero Games (GZG) Star Grunt range.  Specifically these were:

Unit 1: Colourful Crazies

These were painted almost two years ago, just in time for my Judge Dredd game using the Starblazer Adventures Rules, Tales from Mega City One.  They are just everyday citizens that have had enough of the dog eat mutie existence of Mega City One and have taken up their stub gun for one last hurrah.

Mega City One Citizens - Colourful Crazies
Colourful Crazies
Unit 2: Purple Punks

This was the first of the most recent batch where I began colour coordinating the figures.  This makes batch painting a lot easier and allows easy in-game gang association.  If its purple then they are members of the purple punks or the Paisley Park Citi-Def (see the Prince reference there?)

Mega City One Citizens - Purple Punks
Purple Punks
Unit 3: The Orange Crew

This unit are mostly wearing coveralls and caps and the high-viz orange makes them easily double for a work team from Resyk or some other municipal facility.  I have two easily distinguishable units to make running a small scale Block War that much easier.

Mega City One Citizens - The Orange Crew
Resyk workers or Block Warriors?  You decide.
Unit 4: The Yellow Jackets

Continuing with the colour coordination I went with a Yellow and Blue combo for the last unit.  This gives me another distinct and identifiable team of citizens (or IKEA workers) to pit against my player's Judges.

Mega City One Citizens - The Yellow Jackets
Yellow Jackets are fierce and tenacious defenders of flatpack swedish furniture
I fully intend to broaden my range of Mega City One citizens once I find some appropriate minis.  In the old thinking box I have dreams of Kleggs (and Klegg hounds), Fatties, Protesters, Street Punks, Droids, Apes...

I am not a number I am a free man!

If you are wondering what is going on with the bases, that is a secret weapon in target acquisition and wound attribution.  I could easily have painted numbers on the bases, but that's boring and so 1999.  I feel it's much more in keeping with the Urban Jungle theme to have road markings and slogans differentiating each figure.

The Prisoner Patrick McGooghan Number 6
You are number 6... No I'm not I'm Slurm!

No comments:

Post a Comment