Monday 20 April 2020

Reaper Bones #13 - Giants!!

Probably the two biggest minis in the Bones 1 Vampire level core set are the Giants. 

Male Storm Giant (Julie Guthrie SKU: 77163)

Yephima, Female Cloud Giant (Patrick Keith SKU: 77162)

These are some of my earliest attempts at airbrush painting and my lack of talent at this stage shows.  I struggled to get the right consistency of paint to avoid the dredded spiderwebbing.  I was also using a single action airbrush which is great for undercoating but lousy for anything else.  Seriously, if you are interested in airbrushing buy a double action brush.

For some reason the matte varnish coat that I apply to all my minis never really hardened properly giving it a bit of a gloss sheen and I will probably add another coat in the future to see if it fixes it.

Nothing but a repaint is going to fix those bloody eyes though!!

Bones Progress

Reaper Bones: 245 - Painted: 44

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment