|Ruined Tower Prize|
The Ruined Tower of the Archmage
The ruins of this solitary tower sit atop an exposed moorland hill which is constantly blasted by the elements. Anyone crossing the moor on a particularly stormy day or night will be glad to shelter inside the towers walls even just for 5 minutes.
1. Ground Floor - Even in its ruined state, the ground floor of this 20ft wide tower offers a welcome respite from the storm. If the PCs search the tower or try to light a fire they disturb 3 Wolves who have made a den under the spiral staircase. They fight to the death.
2. Spiral Stairs - The spiral stairs stop after 1 half revolution, anyone making a leap of faith whilst on the outer part of the staircase will pass through a dimensional portal onto another set of stairs which lead to the 1st floor. The portal is invisible and can only be detected by magical means.
3. The Library - This room is dedicated to learning and storing knowledge as evidenced by the many bookshelves which line the walls. A staircase sweeps up to another floor above,
4. The Storeroom - A small 10ft by 5ft room containing shelves stacked with a myriad assortment of magical and mundane ingredients.
5. The Laboratory - An octagonal room whose walls are chalked with all manner of magical symbols and signs. The floor is dominated by a pentacle and a cloud of oily black smoke writhe within in the shape of a column. Sprawled face down on the floor just outside the pentacle is a white haired old man dressed in long robes clutching a book.